Wednesday, January 23, 2008

His first cold

Today marked the emergence of our little guy's first bad cold. He has had some sniffles and runny nose before, but nothing like this. He woke up this morning, very upset and coughing. Poor little guy was just hacking up a storm and really didn't like how it felt. We walked around a bit, but he was just so snuggly and not his playful little self. I thought a hot bath might help so we got in. He snuggled up and fell asleep on my chest for half an hour. Then he was better for a bit.

But for the rest of the day he was pretty unhappy. He really does not like the way coughing feels. Poor kid. I finally know what it's like to have a sick child, and he just has a little cold. My heart goes out to all my patients and all others out there who have children with chronic diseases or other serious illnesses. I cannot even imagine the heartache.

As for my little guy, any tips for dealing with a nasty cold in a 17-month old?

No comments: